Tutorial – Tiled mapEditor Part 1- Create a TMXTiledMap Game
June 9, 2010 19 Comments
Well I had a request from a YouTube subscriber for a Tutorial Series on using Tiled to create a tiledmap game with Cocs2D. I have made the first Part of this Tiled mapEditor tutorial series.
The videos are split into 3 videos since YouTube restricts to 10min. So I appologize for that, if it is annoying.
In these Videos I describe:
- What program to download for creating TMXTiledMaps
- Overview of the Tiled program
- How to create a very basic tile set image for use on your Tiled Maps
- Using Photoshop to create the tile set image.
- And how updating your map and tile images can be done easily during game development.
Here is the link to Tiled Java Version: Tiled Download Link (Java Version)
Tiled Map Editor Website Link : http://www.mapeditor.org/